Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Uno Mes Mas.

Man. I am not ready to go. And for the past few weeks, volunteers that have been here since before I got here have been packing up and going home. It's making it more of a reality. My best friend here, Talia, just left today and I'm bummed because she's leaving and because that means I leave pretty soon.

Man.

I gotta stop thinking about it. Enjoy this last month. Try and get this INSANE amount of school work done. I hate it!!! I know it will be good in the long run to look back on and have so much written to remember Belize, but I'm sick of school and reading and writing and whatnot ... I just want to hang out with my host family without having to say, "Sorry, I have to go in and work on homework before I go to bed." It just gets in the way of everything ...

Anyway.

Let me tell you about July: I got to do a LOT of travelling this past month and it's been soooo fun!! I went to Guatemala with two other girls, Talia and Sara, and we to' Guat UP! We camped in Tikal [and heard a jaguar growl -- fo real!], checked out all the ruins and did a canopy tour/zip line thing through the JUNGLE! It was awesome. We were in Antigua for four or five days, and that's where most of the action happened. We climbed a volcano, took a tour of a coffee plantation, drank a lot of coffee, ate very little food [Belizean proportions vs. Guate proportions just did not cut it ...], snuck into a resort pool, and shopped a lot at the market [where most of your gifts will come from].

I just got back an hour ago from a couple days in Caye Caulker. It was a good bye to Talia and Sara trip -- I still may see Sara again, but she moved to the Cayes so it will just be harder to see her. *sigh* Man. Good byes are the worst part about this. Martha tells me everyday she's going to cry when I leave. Man oh man.

Well. That's the updates for now. Not too much going on, just dreading the days before I come home. I love you all ... but I really love it here. So ... how bout I never leave and ya'll just come visit? Word.

2 comments:

  1. No no no, you best come home! I would be so so sad if you never came back!! But I am really glad that you are having such a good time and making such good friends. Also, sorry about all the schoool work, I'm sure that sucks ass. People are more important. anyways, I love you very much. enjoy your time there, and i will see you soon and we will be roomates and i wont be as beautiful as anyone there, but we can get tan and pretend. :) me encantas

    ReplyDelete
  2. COME HOME!!!!!!!!!

    on another note .... i'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it enough to want to stay :-)

    i miss you so much though!!!

    i can't wait to have you in my LIFE again!!!

    ReplyDelete