Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And I'm almost done with 3 weeks here.

I'm just a few days from living in Belize for a month already. Is that crazy or what? Which means three months to go. Weirrrrrrrd. I'll be home before you know it. Which is cool, but I have so much I want to do still!!

This past weekend I went to Placencia with six of the girls living here. We left on Friday night and planned on staying til Sunday afternoon. But me and Talia ended up loving laying by the beach and reading so much, we stayed until Monday afternoon. It was INCREDIBLE!!! The water was so warm, it was like swimming in a big bowl of pee. [Sorry mom, that's the best way to describe it.] And there was no waves until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon so it was just crystal clear, warm water. AWESOME.

The tutuoring is getting a little out of hand. We took on three more kids who just moved to San Ignacio a week ago from Belmopan escaping a really bad domestic violence situation. There are three boys: Franklin, 13, William, 8, and Miguel, 3. We met their mother and hse is so traumatized she doesn't even speak. They all speak Spanish and it looks like the littlest boy doesn't know any amount of English and William can sort of get by -- however, he can't read or do math and all the numbers he writes are backwards. Add that to the chaos of the original four children and it is absolute craziness. They're all so beautiful [Miguel has this head of shocking blonde curly hair] and the biggest personalities, but they all are having immense problems learning.

This weekend we are planning a trip to "ATM" which is supposedly the best thing to do in Belize. It's a 10 hour hike/swim through a cave. Crazy, right? I'm really stoked.

Mmk I think that about brings it up to date. I love you all!! Hope your lives are going great.

To my brothers: CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATION!!!!! WOO HOO you did it! Now come visit me in Belize. :)

3 comments:

  1. i'm so glad to read about your adventures!! sounds like you're doing well!!! i can't believe it's already been almost a month!!!!! i love you babe :-)
    love, tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously LOVE reading these.
    placencia sounds incredible. like home [california], but so much better, right?!
    we love YOU and hope YOUR life is going great. :]
    <3 dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. the "ATM" sounds exciting . . .

    i love you

    ReplyDelete